unable to use vs2010 express to build solution

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I am unable to build the solution on vs2010 express because of the dreaded "Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application."

Any hope of getting binaries?

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:08 AM

My next checkin will have the solution folder removed.

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Thanks.  Since WPF project did not have solution folder, I was able to build that and proceed with the Caliburn.Micro Soup to Nuts Pt. 1 – Configuration, Actions and Conventions tutorial and was successful in getting it working.

Couple of observations from a newbie...

(1) It would be nice to have WPF4 and WP7 specific changes in the tutorial. As rantri points out in this thread, I had to change App.xaml to look like below

<Application xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
<local:HelloBootstrapper x:Key="bootstrapper" />

(2) Having the Textbox named as "Name" gives the following warning. Renaming it to say "Textname" and changing the ShellViewModel property from name to Textname removes the warning.

Warning    1    'Caliburn.Micro.Hello.ShellView.Name' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.FrameworkElement.Name'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.    C:\visual studio 2010 projects\Caliburn.Micro.Hello\Caliburn.Micro.Hello\ShellView.xaml    6    50    Caliburn.Micro.Hello

Jul 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I'll try to update the tutorial for WPF. I've got a bunch of new stuff coming for WP7 which will cover that soon.

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM
I have been blogging about how to do this in WPF, and trying to stay close to the original tutorials. Take a look at http://buksbaum.us/2010/08/01/caliburn-micro-hello-world/.
Aug 6, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hi Rob
Just a quick note.  I tried the latest changeset (fb70ea9ebabb) and I am still not able to compile with VS2010 express.

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Hmmm. My next guess is that it has to do with the WP7 project. I bet if you remove that, it will work. If that is the case, there's not much I can do in the mean time... Please let me know.

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Hi Rob
My mistake.  I think my problem was that I do not have "2010, Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone".  Both WPF4 and SL4 are fine.  Btw, The two that show as unavailable are

Caliburn.Micro.WP7 (The project file cannot be loaded)
Solution Items (unavailable)

C:\vs2010 projects\caliburn\src\Caliburn.Micro.WP7\Caliburn.Micro.WP7.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\vs2010 projects\caliburn\src\Caliburn.Micro.WP7\Caliburn.Micro.WP7.csproj' cannot be opened.
The project type is not supported by this installation.

Sorry for the confusion.