Caliburn Micro With FabTab

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:37 AM

I'm trying to use the FabTab control with Caliburn.Micro.  I would like for the control to host multiple view modes.  However, I have not been able to get it to work.  When databinding view models an error is reported in the FabTab source:

Cannot resolve all property references in the property path 'Content.Margin'. Verify that applicable objects support the properties.

It is happeing during the MeasureOverride when trying to cast the Children property to UIElement.  I would like to know if there are some conventions I need to provide/override to get this to work.  Any sample that can be provide will be much appreciated.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I'm going to need to see what your code looks like. It sounds like FabTab may not support databinding? I've never used it, so I'm not sure.

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I'm using the FabTab control just as you would a TabControl.  I have named it Items and trying to Bind by user control to it.   If you continue after the MeasureOveride error the tab is displayed but doesn't have the correct bindings.  I create my ViewModel in code and assign it to the Items property of the TabControl ViewModel Conductor.

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM

adfreeman,

I'm the author of FabTab--I haven't yet tried it with Caliburn.Micro (although that will be forthcoming).  Are you using the latest changeset of the FabTab code or are you using the latest release?  You would certainly need to use the latest change set because the release code did not work well with the MVVM pattern.

I am probably the right person to work with on getting this resolved, but the right place to continue this thread would be on the FabTab discussion forums, so if you could post a response over there so as not to clutter up the Caliburn Micro forums, I'm sure Rob would appreciate it.

Incidentally, this is almost certainly an issue with FabTab, not Caliburn Micro.

Thanks,

Josh

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Thanks for the help.  I am using the latest change set.  I will move the discussion to FabTab forums.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 3:12 PM

@adajos Let me know if your findings turn up any issues in CM that I need to fix. Thanks!