Nov 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Today, I’m pleased to announce the Caliburn.Micro Sample Application Contest! It’s a great opportunity to contribute to .NET Open Source and potentially win some prizes in the process. All you have to do is build an application using Caliburn.Micro.
You can pick from two categories to enter your project in: Desktop (WPF or Silverlight) and Phone (WP7). I will award a grand prize and first runner up in each category. The rules are as follows:
- Use Caliburn.Micro.
- Publish your sample on Codeplex/Github or a similar site under the MIT License (same license as Caliburn.Micro).
- Send me an email with your project’s url, category, a brief description and anything else of particular note
before 12:00am December 1st 2010 (EST). You can email me at robertheisenberg at hotmail dot com The email’s subject should be: Caliburn.Micro Contest Submission
That’s it! Here’s the prizes:
- Grand Prize
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN Subscription
- Resharper License
- Runner Up
I’ll award a grand prize and runner up each in the Desktop and the Phone categories. Points will be awarded for:
- Proper use of Caliburn.Micro
- Additionally, use as many features from the framework as possible.
- Clean/Organized Solution
- Emphasis on readability of code.
- Remember, developers will use your sample as a learning guide.
- Make it look good.
- I realize this is arbitrary, but if your sample looks good in a screenshot, that will help.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to get coding!