Accessing Multiple Views and Event Handling in Caliburn.Micro Framework

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Hi,

I am new in Caliburn.Micro framework. Please do suggest me how to access multiple views and event handling in Caliburn.Micro framework using MVVM.

Thankx

Manab.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Hi 

There's a lot of documentation now for Caliburn.Micro 

have you had a look at it, also download the code and look at the samples

If that doens;t help ...could you be a bit more specific ;-)

cheers

Stu

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:52 AM

Hi,

I really would like to appreciate you for the concern and a quick reply. As I have gone through the Navigation example and tied to implement that same. Now, I am getting an error "The invocation of the constructor on type 'Bixi.Atlas.Client.UI.Silverlight.Caliburn.AppBootstrapper' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. [Line: 7 Position: 38]". Can you please suggest me how do I proceed to handle this error.

Thankx

Manab.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Apparently there is an error in the AppBootstrapper instantiation.
The AppBootstrapper instance is created by the Xaml parser, hence the quite obcure message. 
It's likely that the error lies in the Configure ovveride, which is called by the parent Bootstrapper<> constructor.
Can you can confirm my hypothesis looking at the stack trace of the inner exception or putting a breakpoint in the Configure method?

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hi,

{System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'Bixi.Atlas.Client.UI.Silverlight.Caliburn.AppBootstrapper' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. [Line: 7 Position: 38] ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Caliburn.Micro.ElementConvention Caliburn.Micro.ConventionManager.AddElementConvention(System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.String, System.String)'.   at Caliburn.Micro.Navigation.NavigationConvention.AddNavigationConventions()   at Bixi.Atlas.Client.UI.Silverlight.Caliburn.AppBootstrapper.Configure()   at Caliburn.Micro.Bootstrapper..ctor()   at Caliburn.Micro.Bootstrapper`1..ctor()   at Bixi.Atlas.Client.UI.Silverlight.Caliburn.AppBootstrapper..ctor()   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)   at Bixi.Atlas.Client.UI.Silverlight.Caliburn.App.InitializeComponent()   at Bixi.Atlas.Client.UI.Silverlight.Caliburn.App..ctor()}

The above represents the error that comes in the Configure method in the AppBootstrapper class.

This error comes when tries to execute NavigationConvention.AddNavigationConventions(); statement in the Configure Method

Please guide me..

Thankx

Manab.

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM

It seems something stranger than I initially thought :-)

Unfortunately, I can't even understand what is the sample project you started from.
In particular, I can't figure out where Caliburn.Micro.Navigation.NavigationConvention come from...

Anyway, I would bet on some mismatch between the binaries you're using:
- Make sure to build CM from the latest source code (or include the CM project in your solution)
- Check if you're using the right CM version for your project's platform (WPF/SL). I guess you are using SL, so make sure to use the SL binaries of CM.