Problem with GameLibrary sample: DebugLog.cs missing?

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Hi! Caliburn.Micro looks to be a great tool and I'm looking forward to using it. 

However, I've just come across a problem in building the GameLibrary sample: Visual Studio 2010 told me that it couldn't open DebugLog.cs from the Framework subfolder.  This seems to be because the zip download file doesn't include any file of that name in that folder.  I tried excluding the file from the project, in case it wasn't needed, but then I get a compile error on line 17 of AppBootstrapper.cs:

LogManager.GetLog = type => new DebugLog(type);

What am I missing?

Thanks once again for what looks to be a fantastic tool

Patrick

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Sorry about that. I've fixed the problem. I determined that that file was accidentally not uploaded by Mercurial because it was filtering out files starting with the word Debug. All should be good now.

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Many thanks for the very quick response, but I'm still having problems getting the GameLibrary sample to build: now I get the following error:

The non-generic type 'Caliburn.Micro.Bootstrapper' cannot be used with type arguments ....\samples\GameLibrary\GameLibrary\AppBootstrapper.cs 12 36 GameLibrary

This refers to the code line:

public class AppBootstrapper : Bootstrapper<IShell> {

PS: sorry, I've just realised what the problem is: when I copied over the files for the GameLibrary solution, the reference to Caliburn.Micro needed resetting (because the dll is in a different location on my pc).
When navigating to recent references, I mistakenly set a reference to the WP7 (Windows Phone 7) dll instead of the Silverlight one. After correcting this, it now builds and runs fine. Many thanks, I'll now try and use Caliburn.Micro in a few of my projects!