Caliburn 4 JavaScript and beyond

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:10 PM

You've proposed a Mix talk bringing Caliburn ideas to HTML/JavaScript. Have you given any thought to (or tried, perhaps) applying Caliburn ideas for Android/iPhone?

In this post http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2011/Feb-14.html Miguel de Icaza reviews how with the Mono bindings for Android and iPhone its now possible to have the business layer written in C# and run on three smart phone platforms.  As he points out, the MonoDroid and MonoPhone bindings are specific to each platform as far as UI and device interactions go so its far from a free lunch.  But I'm left wondering if the Caliburn approach can help factor the business (model) end of the UI so the unique code on each platform is largely the view definition.

Can your thoughts on applying Caliburn idea to HTML/JavaScript shed any light on the viability of CalAndroid and CaliPhone?

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM

The new HTML/Javascript framework I'm working on is called Durandal. It's based on the ideas of Silverlight and Caliburn.Micro. I can't say much about it yet, except that we have been thinking about platform breadth.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I look forward to finding out more.  And what your future project names might be.  Hauteclere perhaps Mistilteinn?

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:32 PM
EisenbergEffect wrote:

The new HTML/Javascript framework I'm working on is called Durandal.

Man! You like swords! ;)

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM

@Rob -- do you have any updates on your JS MVVM framework?  Am looking into building a UI as a single page Javascript application and don't want to reinvent any wheels... 

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Unfortunately, I've had to put a hold on that project. I just don't have time to get it production ready right now. I'd really love to, but I have too much going on.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm a big fan of Caliburn.Micro; really impressive stuff.

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM, EisenbergEffect <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, I've had to put a hold on that project. I just don't have time to get it production ready right now. I'd really love to, but I have too much going on.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (caliburnmicro@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email caliburnmicro@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com