ScreenWithModelBase<T> for Csla Business Objects framework

Topics: UI Architecture
Mar 18, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Hi Csla users,

I've made some extensions to Caliburn.Micro in order to better support Csla. A new ScreenWithModelBase<T> merges Csla.Xaml.ViewModel<T> with Caliburn.Micro.Screen class. Probably I should make a proper HG fork but haven't done it yet. Anyway it is working and if there are interested users, I can send the source or maybe decide to fork.

Tiago Freitas Leal

PS - Incidentally I ported ScreenWithSubject from Caliburn "The Macro".

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:48 AM

It's available for download at

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for this. Just a note so you know someone is actually paying attention to your posts.  I'm just starting the port of an application to CSLA 4.x and CM so I'm happy to see anything you do, suggest, recommend, etc.

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I took some time to look through this and I noticed you have essentially replaced the baseclass from both frameworks.  Doesn't that create an ongoing maintenance issue when either of the frameworks change?  I plan to make sure I can always slide in the latest and greatest updates from either and outside of published breaking changes everything should always work.

Or did I miss something?  The client machine I'm at now doesn't even have the SL SDK so I'm textpadding your various classes.

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Hi Jack,

You're right, I merged both classes. As you know C# doesn't allow for multiple inheritance and I didn't want to go for custom replacements for MI. Again you are right, it creates maintenance needs when either of the merged classes change. If you solve this problem, please publish the resultin code.

May 11, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Edited May 17, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Hi all,

This is just to let you know Csla extensions for Caliburn.Micro are now published on CslaContrib project. Please forget the above link and use CslaContrib.