CM equivalents of WP7 application launching, activating, etc.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I'm wrapping up my first Caliburn.Micro project, and this weekend I'm killing the last few bugs and implementing the necessary tombstoning logic. (Next time I swear I will do the tombstoning as I go...)

One thing I could use some help on is mapping the WP7 lifecycle events--application launching, activation, deactivation and closing--to the Caliburn.Micro equivalents.

Is there an object I can hook onto, either in the bootstrapper or a particular viewmodel, that will allow me to access these events?

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I would just have a closer look at the PhoneBootstrapper. There are several overrides you can use to customize things.

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:04 PM

OK, I see now. I noticed those before, but I wasn't sure if that was the best way to respond to the lifecycle events. I got the override working pretty easily in the AppBootstrapper. Thanks!

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I think the way we do tombstoning is better than what most peopel are doing. I'm not very happy with it though. I'm hoping to make improvements in that for the next version. I'd love to get feedback from you after you are done.