Problem compiling the HelloScreens sample

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Having dowloaded CM and started reading the documentation I decided to take a look at the HelloScreens sample application. When I try to compile the application I get the following two errors:

Error      1             The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)                C:\Users\..\Caliburn.Micro 1.0 RC\samples\Caliburn.Micro.HelloScreens\Caliburn.Micro.HelloScreens\Customers\CustomersWorkspace\Detail.xaml                1             1             Caliburn.Micro.HelloScreens

Error      2             The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)                C:\Users\..\Caliburn.Micro 1.0 RC\samples\Caliburn.Micro.HelloScreens\Caliburn.Micro.HelloScreens\Customers\CustomersWorkspace\Master.xaml                1             1             Caliburn.Micro.HelloScreens

At first this was caused by a missing assembly (System.Windows.Interactivity). Discovered this when I tried to open Master.xaml. After adding the missing assembly and restarting VS2010 (SP1) I can now view master.xaml (viewing detail.xaml never caused a problem). However, when I try to compile the application, compilation still fails with the messages show above.

Has anyone encountered this and if so, found a solution?

(It is pretty annoying not being able to run the sample app as it (together with the GameApp) is the most "advanced" of the sample apps and is therefore of high interest to anyone trying to get to grips with CM.)

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I don't recall such problems a few months ago, because I went further and started to convert to WPF, and found the same very informative.
I'll check again when I get home tonight

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Have you tried to compile CM on its own, first? Just open the solution under /src and build it in Release mode; binaries will be created in a /bin/Release folder (not under /src).
Samples *should* refer to /bin/Release assemblies, System.Windows.Interactivity included.

If you are using WPF, you might also check the target runtime of your main exe: CM uses .Net 4, not Client Profile.

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Been away.

No, I haven't compiled CM, but sure can try.

Samples do refer to the release folder already, but I'll try recompiling CM.

I'm not using WPF as I'm opening the sample HelloScreens-project that comes with CM. It opens as a Silverlight 4 project.

[Edit:] Installing CM RTW fixed the problem. Thanks jradxl and marcoamendola for being patient with a CM noob