NuGet package adds source code files to project. Can it be optional?

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Hi there

I'm trying out Caliburn's NuGet package on one of my projects. After adding package reference to an existing project few source code files were added to project folder: AppBootstrapper, IShell & ShellView. I may appreciate that for a new project, but for existing code base I think it's not appropriate - I have to go and delete files manually.

Wouldn't be better to make this step optional or explicit?

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Oh, forgot to mention, trying Silverligh package.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Yes. It would be nice to make that optional. We'll try to do that for the next version of the package.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM
I like how ASP.NET MVC3 has it's scaffolding scripts. You're installing the package then you can type in Package Management Console various commands.
Something like:
caliburn prepare-project
will copy required files & modify project in order to prepare it to run Caliburn.Micro.

It's just an idea, I haven't worked with NuGet closely to know if it's feasible...

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM, EisenbergEffect <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes. It would be nice to make that optional. We'll try to do that for the next version of the package.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (caliburnmicro@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email caliburnmicro@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 10:34 PM

We've got scaffolding on the road map.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I first understood this thread that way, that installation of CM installs the source code, too. Now I switched from a local to the nuget version, and I see what you really mean: I have one Office.exe and 3 *Editor.dll to inject the modules to be displayed. Each one has now a lot of code "too much".

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM
EisenbergEffect wrote:

Any news from your end? Seems that the 1.2. AND 1.3. CB-Nuget-Package does is still creating the classes.

In my special case (ProjectTemplate) this is quite annoying :)

Edit:

I found a temporary personal solution, if you don't mind, Rob.
I downloaded the Nuget Package Explorer and modified my local(!!) copy of the CB nugpk.
Seems that deleting the files in tools -> net40 would be enough for my purpose of the ProjectTemplates.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Yes. Sorry about that. I'm currently working on a scaffolding solution for Caliburn.Micro. Once I have that in place, we will remove all the generated code from the package, and provide the ability to scaffold that (and other other things) instead. Thanks for understanding!