Unit tests

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I saw some posts about unit tests for CM, but nothing was conclusive. What's the plan on unit testing this framework? Are there reasons why there aren't any unit tests yet?

So far I love CM, but I couldn't help wondering when I first realized that there is no testing project.

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM

It doesn't need unit tests because it always works perfectly :)

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Seriously though... I would love to have unit tests. It's a matter of ROI mostly. A lot of this stuff is very hard to test...

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Yes, I can imagine that it's quite hard to implement tests, especially tests that make sense. Some classes should be easier to test though, like the event aggregator. I can understand that this is kinda a ROI question, right now we can rapidly develop WPF apps with this framework and unit tests won't add too much value to that.

But it might keep people from really betting on this framework if they cannot put it in a test harness, especially larger organizations, and that might affect the ROI as well since we might loose some good participants.

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Could you use something like specflow where you testing behaviour rather than specific units of test.