Regression introduced by 4f125833202a

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:20 AM
Edited Apr 24, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

Changes to OnModelChanged and OnContextChanged in the above mentioned change set have been causing me some issues. The change was from this:

ViewModelBinder.Bind(args.NewValue, view, context);
SetContentProperty(targetLocation, view); 

To this:

SetContentProperty(targetLocation, view); 
ViewModelBinder.Bind(args.NewValue, view, context);

I have a case where I have a Conductor which displays its children by using the static View.Model property and binding to ActiveItem. If this is also a Conductor which displays children using View.Model bound to it's own ActiveItem then I run into problems. Because the content property is set before the DataContext then the grandchild will bind to the parents ActiveItem property first before having the DataContext set and binding to the childs ActiveItem.

The comment on the change set was "Fixed a rare SO exception in View.Model/View.Context." so not sure if this is something which you can address?

Thanks

Sean

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Hmm. I'm not sure if it's something I can fix. It sounds like there may be issues regardless of the ordering. Can you send me a sample with some additional notes on your problem? If I can see what is happening, maybe I can figure something out. If not, maybe I can provide an easy way for you to customize this behavior without having to fork the code.