RIA Service and EDMX

Topics: Getting Started
May 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Hi community,

Am new to CM, where as am going through with this framework with Silverlight i struck with using EDMX and RIA SERVICE in my CM application. Did any one come across with this type of problem, and can any one explain me in detail. How to over come this problem. and how to map my DOMAINSERVICE With PropertyChangedBase class (did i explaining my problem in right way). 

Thanks,

ksnavinkumar@live.com

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I'm not sure I understand the problem, but you should have a look at this sample project http://coproject.codeplex.com/

It is a great sample and article services on using RIA Services and Caliburn.Micro together.

May 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Edited May 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Hi EisenbergEffect,

The example you have given me is good but one more thing am very blank about this CM can you please send me some documentation regarding this please i dont know how to manage my code in CM please help me. an am totally blank after see this code. 

Thanks,

ksnavinkumar@live.com

May 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Have you looked at the documentation?

http://caliburnmicro.codeplex.com/documentation

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Hi syggen,

i have red the document and i understood almost the basics but now i struct with binding DATASOURCE to Grid control for binding... can you please explain me please... i have did binding with DataGrid itemsource but i don't know how to bind DataContext to Grid Control.... 

Thanks,

ksnavinkumar@live.com

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM

<sdk:DataGrid x:Name="YourDataGrid"
	  ItemsSource="{Binding Data}"
	  Width="600"
	  Height="400" />

Where Data could be

public IEnumerable<TEntity> Data
        {
            get { return _data; }
            set { _data = value; NotifyOfPropertyChange(() => Data); }
        }
look at the sample Rob provided.. it's really good

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Hi syggen,

I have done with Datagrid but i need DataContext binding for Silverlight Grid Control thats what i mentioned above.

Thanks,

ksnavinkumar@live.com

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I think you need to provide some more information on what you are trying to do...