Community Wiki

Topics: Getting Started
May 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Being faily new to CM i'm still running accorss small convention problems. such as i want trying to use something like BooksSelectedItem instead of SelectedBook. I'd really like to see the Cheat Sheet populated with simple table structures showing the conventions and what they match up to. I think one thing that is holding CM back a bit is the fact that the comunity can give back in terms of what they have learned simply because you don't have access to update documentation and so on. 

I also use Specflow which is an open source project hosted by Github, one thing i liked about it is that i found some documentation was a bit out of date, i was able to update it which i assume was then confirmed by a moderator. I get the feeling that its a lot of work maintaining this site so have you ever thought of opening it up a bit to let the community help out a bit?

Coordinator
May 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Through codeplex, the only way to open it up is to make someone a member of the project. I am happy to do that if there are individuals who would like to expand the documentation. I'm a bit nervous about that, I admit, because I want to make sure everything is correct. But, that can be overcome. I'll think about making a general call for editors and see if anyone is interested.

May 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM

what if the documentation lived off site? anyone know of any good open source collaboration sites?