WP7.1 Mango release

Topics: Extensibility, Feature Requests
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I was wondering if there is a roadmap for the upcoming Mango release?  I was going to fork and do it myself, but i thought i'd raise the question here first.

Excellent framework btw

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I'm doing a release of v1.2 in a few days. I'll start upgrading to Mango after that. Probably, not much will change.

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Ahh good news! Many thanks, hopefully, ill be able to contribute.

Sent from my Windows Phone
Oct 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Any status update on this?

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Just upgraded one of my WP7 7.0 projects to 7.1 with the latest 7.1 sdk installed, using calbiurn 1.2, seems to work fine.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 3:27 AM
simonsj wrote:
Just upgraded one of my WP7 7.0 projects to 7.1 with the latest 7.1 sdk installed, using calbiurn 1.2, seems to work fine.

Yes, but it uses the NoDo library for System.Windows.Interactivity. This is fine providing you don't want to use a library that relies on the Mango version. And I do.

Moreover, recompiling CM to use the new version of the assembly breaks it. A lot.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 11:08 PM

So it does, I've created a fork of the latest code and recompiled, replacing the interactivity reference with the latest, and changing the project types to 7.1.  Re-compiled, and the only thing that is not working that I've found so far is my usage of DataStateSwitchBehaviour which no longer seems to work with enum's i've not figured out what's causing this yet.  When you say breaks it - a lot, what are you seeing going wrong?

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM
simonsj wrote:

So it does, I've created a fork of the latest code and recompiled, replacing the interactivity reference with the latest, and changing the project types to 7.1.  Re-compiled, and the only thing that is not working that I've found so far is my usage of DataStateSwitchBehaviour which no longer seems to work with enum's i've not figured out what's causing this yet.  When you say breaks it - a lot, what are you seeing going wrong?

So I did some digging and discovered that I was doing something really stupid and my problem was a result of that. SO IT TURNS OUT YOU CAN IGNORE ME.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:14 AM

No worries :)

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I've updated the source with the official Mango projects. I hope to have a release in the not too distance future. Please give it a try and let me know if you find any issues.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:53 PM
EisenbergEffect wrote:

I've updated the source with the official Mango projects. I hope to have a release in the not too distance future. Please give it a try and let me know if you find any issues.


I just noticed the Caliburn.Micro.WinRT project. Are you going to add a HelloMetro sample project?

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Maybe...but I'm not working too much on WinRT yet because I have a *strong* feeling there are going to be some breaking changes. I'm going to get a few core pieces working, but I'll probably wait until the next release before I do much more than that.

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Edited Oct 15, 2011 at 12:39 AM

elyscape...

What was the issue? I am running into an issue with the System.Windows.Interactivity reference from the Caliburn Micro NuGet Package.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM
pmccoy wrote:

elyscape...

What was the issue? I am running into an issue with the System.Windows.Interactivity reference from the Caliburn Micro NuGet Package.

pmccoy..

If you want to use Caliburn Micro with 7.1 you will need to get the latest source from codeplex, build it and re-reference it locally rather than using nuget as the nuget package is at v1.2 and you need v1.3.  Also the version of System.Windows.Interactivity that you reference in your project(s) will need to come from the 7.1 reference assemblies rather than 7.  Hope this helps.

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Yeah, my issue was actually completely unrelated. I'd been applying

cal:View.Model="BuilderViewModel"

to an element that wasn't supposed to have it. I don't remember why I put it there in the first place, but I shouldn't have.