Panorama Animations not working using Caliburn Binding

Topics: Bugs
Aug 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I've been struggleing with an issue where my Panorama controls animation does not transition smoothly, After slowly stripping it i found when i let caliburn bind the controls i get the issue as shown below. 

<controls:Panorama x:Name="Items" DefaultItem="{Binding Path=SelectedItem}" Title="Some Items">
            <controls:Panorama.Background>
                <ImageBrush Stretch="UniformToFill"  ImageSource="/Resources/Images/background.jpg"/>
            </controls:Panorama.Background>
            <controls:Panorama.HeaderTemplate>
                <DataTemplate>
                    <TextBlock x:Name="DisplayName" Text="{Binding Path=DisplayName}" Foreground="{StaticResource PhoneAccentBrush}"/>
                </DataTemplate>
            </controls:Panorama.HeaderTemplate>
        </controls:Panorama>

But if i explicitly set the items source like this it works smoothly

<controls:Panorama ItemsSource="{Binding Path=Items}" DefaultItem="{Binding Path=SelectedItem}" Title="Some Items">
            <controls:Panorama.Background>
                <ImageBrush Stretch="UniformToFill"  ImageSource="/Resources/Images/background.jpg"/>
            </controls:Panorama.Background>
            <controls:Panorama.HeaderTemplate>
                <DataTemplate>
                    <TextBlock x:Name="DisplayName" Text="{Binding Path=DisplayName}" Foreground="{StaticResource PhoneAccentBrush}"/>
                </DataTemplate>
            </controls:Panorama.HeaderTemplate>
        </controls:Panorama>
Any idea why caliburn would affect the animations like this?

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2011 at 2:45 PM

We don't apply conventions until after the Loaded event is called. This is do to limitations in the Xaml platform. My guess is that that may effect the timing of the animation.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:06 AM

We have similar problem. It's also connected with PerRequest/Singleton. When Panorama is registered PerRequest it works ok but when it's singleton animations doesn't work like they should.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Sorry if this is a novice question but what do you mean by connected with PerRequest/Singleton? is this some way to configure the binding?

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I suppose that it has some influence on binding.