Sample for a more complex navigation logic ?

Topics: Getting Started, UI Architecture
Oct 25, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Hello,

Is there a sample for Caliburn Micro that features navigation logic something like this:

1. Welcome/log-in screen (whole screen)
  2. Main workspace (whole screen) - it has a toolbar/ribbon on top of it, statusbar and a container childContainer
    2.1 SettingsLevel1 (subpage) - displayed in childContainer, activated via a button on main toolbar/ribbon and has access to statusbar
    2.2 SettingsLevel2 (subpage) - displayed in childContainer, activated via a button on SettingsLevel1 and has access to statusbar
    2.3 About (whole screen) - activated via a button on the main toolbar/ribbon

Any guidance or at least hints how to get started with a navigation logic like this ? Is there a demo application to reference for this ?

Please help!

Many-many thanks in advance,
D. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Edited Oct 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Hello,

I was interested in the same topic.

I am working on developing a generic MDI application in WPF. It would have a number of "services" Views to be discovered at runtime which would be shown in a tab control on the shell. 

I can see how to dynamically create a list of menu items. What I am unsure about it how to navigate to the associated views on menu selection.  It seems like some action like prism's navigateTo method would be required.

thanks!

Keith