Getting started

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Just trying out Caliburn (after using MVVM Light for all my WP7 projects) and stopped with an assembly reference.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new Phone project (regular project, not databinding project)
  2. Add Caliburn.Micro via NuGet

Compiling ShellViewModel.cs (and other files). Can't resolve System.Component.Composition for example.

NuGet should install all the dependencies. From a quick search this is a MEF library?

Is Mango supported yet as that's what I'm building.

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Yup. That is the main assembly for MEF. It looks like the regular Silverlight files are being installed. It's probably because the Nuget package was designed for WP7.0 and you have a WP7.1 project. The latest build in the Nuget gallery is version 1.2 which was released back in July of last year.

You should delete the following files:

• AppBootStrapper.cs
  • IShell.cs
  • ShellView.xaml
  • ShellViewModel.cs

Then goto this Nuget packages folder (packages\Caliburn.Micro.1.2.0\tools\SL40-WP) and add the files found there to your project manually.

Then replace all the occurrences of "$safeprojectname$" with your default project namespace in the files that you copied.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Thanks. That's sad the NuGet package is so out of date. Is anyone building a new one? I'll submit a patch if not. I think it's important as part of the release process that NuGet is always using the latest version.