Windows Phone 8 Support

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hello,

I was just wondering, are you guys planning to support Windows Phone 8?

What would actually be involved to implement this?  Are you expecting that this will just work?

If work is required, are you guys planning on supporting this?

Thanks

Gary

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

The latest phone version of Caliburn Micro correctly works on Windows Phone 8. There may be some additions later to support extra versions, but as far as I can tell it working well.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM
NigelSampson wrote:

The latest phone version of Caliburn Micro correctly works on Windows Phone 8. There may be some additions later to support extra versions, but as far as I can tell it working well.

That is great news! Thanks for replying!

Looking forward to getting started with WP8, and using Caliburn.Micro with it!

Gary

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM

We're currently "porting" our existing app that uses caliburn to WP8. Most of the things are working as it used to but one strange thing occurred. In app with panorama layout that uses AllActive as base class for view model SelectedChange event subscribed to panorama "Items" in code behind (xaml.cs) does not fire but SelectedItem in view model works good. Do you know why this event is eaten or does not fire at all in this configuration? 

Here is link for sample project http://db.tt/jPzJN8dh there is also hold event added on Items to prove that other events works.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hello, any update on this?

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I have other issue with Caliburn on WP8... when I navigate from Panorama to different view and then I return by Back key to Panorama, I am always navigated to first Panorama item. Do you know why Panorama SelectedItem property is changed?