EntityFramework support in caliburn.Micro with Silverlight

Topics: Extensibility, Feature Requests, Framework Services
Jan 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM

does caliburn.Micro support EntityFramework(dbContext) with silverlight. If not is there any future plan regarding the same.

I am in a research of upcoming project, to decide which framework should be used. A project where desktop(wpf) and web(silverlight) solutions are required.

If it is possible, then please provide me related information.

Thanks,

Antony

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Not sure what you are regarding to when you ask about support, database support is something completely different and if you want to be able to use EF or nHibernate is up to you to encapsulate into your project.   I personally use EF and it works fine.  You could create a concrete instance and pass it around with DI as with any framework.  This framework uses MEF extensively for the WPF/Silverlight flavors, but has the option to allow for other containers to be used.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Thank you for your kind reply,

Actually I am new to Caliburn.Micro. In Usual MVVM approach we can use WCF and EF with silverlight. But have some problems with RIA services as it does not support dbContext. 

What I want to Ask is, Is there any feature in Caliburn.Micro to minimize the code needed for the Service implementation? 

And I didn't get what you explained in your reply.

"Create a concrete instance and pas it around with DI as with any framewok."

Will you be able to provide me a sample. Also like to know about the last sentence in detail -

This framework uses MEF extensively for the WPF/Silverlight flavors, but has the option to allow for other containers to be used.