caliburn.micro not showing dialog after application install

Topics: Actions & Coroutines, Bootstrappers & IoC, Bugs, Conventions, Extensibility, Feature Requests, Framework Services, Getting Started, UI Architecture
May 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Edited May 14, 2013 at 8:44 PM

i've got a bit of a problem with caliburn micro 1.4.0 and wpf app developed in visual studio 2010 targetting .net framework 4.0. So here's the rundown of the problem. I've created a visual studio installer project. Added the project output from my app. so far so good. The application installs without a problem. i can run the application without problems, but when i try to close the application a popup dialog should appear. but nothing happens, no dialog, just a black window nothing more.
this also happens throughout the entire application no popups/dialogs whatsoever are showing.

here's the code from my shellviewmodel to show the dialog:
public override void CanClose(Action<bool> callback)
            var modalD = IoC.Get<ModalDialogViewModel>();
            modalD.TituloModal = "Encerrar Aplicação";
            modalD.MensagemModal = "Deseja encerrar a aplicação?";
            modalD.ModalHeight = 250;
            modalD.ModalWidth = 250;
            bool? result = WindowManagerWindow.ShowDialog(modalD);
            if (result == null) return;
            if ((bool) result)
help would be appreciated
thanks in advance
May 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I seen you post on StackOverflow and didn't get around to posting.

I don't think this is anything specific to do with Caliburn.Micro, it sounds like you may be missing required DLL's in your installation, that would be the best place to check.
May 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM
i've checked both my release folder for my project, and the installation folder and there's nothing different. the dll's are copied. do they need to be registered? caliburn.micro.dll and System.Windows.Interactivity.dll and do the xml files that follow need to be copied over also?
May 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Hi Jonnie,

I have responded on SO. I will keep my responses to that query so I don't have to manage the same question in two places.