Portable

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I know it's alpa but I am trying to play with it alittle but I am having trouble with

System.TypeLoadException was unhandled by user code
HResult=-2146233054
Message=Could not find Windows Runtime type 'Windows.Foundation'.
Source=mscorlib
TypeName=Windows.Foundation
StackTrace:
   at System.StubHelpers.WinRTTypeNameConverter.GetTypeFromWinRTTypeName(String typeName, Boolean& isPrimitive)
   at System.StubHelpers.SystemTypeMarshaler.ConvertToManaged(TypeNameNative* pNativeType, Type& managedType)
   at Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Frame.Navigate(Type sourcePageType, Object parameter)
   at Caliburn.Micro.CaliburnApplication.DisplayRootView(Type viewType, Object paramter)
   at Caliburn.Micro.CaliburnApplication.DisplayRootView[T](Object parameter)
   at FTDTCalcWin8.App.OnLaunched(LaunchActivatedEventArgs args)
InnerException:

This occurs in the DisplayRootView at line 204 with RootFrame.Navigate(viewType, parameter); there is typo there as well

anyway not sure where to even start trying to debug this... this is on Win8.1 been on it since it dropped, also on Visual Studio 2013. I thought about just starting over with this app. But the odd thing here is these are the binaries from the Sample Application thinking it had to do with the binaries being built locally, so grabbed binaries from the Win81 sample app..

Morgan
Oct 20, 2013 at 6:42 AM
It is not alpha yet.
Nigel did the Win8.1 and BehaviorSDK port in his rare spare time and it was only tested by him (as I don't have VS2013 installed).
The portable changes where done before by me.

It would be great if you could help testing CM before we do the 2.0 alpha release.
Oct 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Is there a solution to this problem? I'm seeing the same issue and as mvermef, I'm not sure where I should start debugging. Curiously the Win 8.1 sample works but I haven't been able to figure out what is the difference between the sample and my own project.
Oct 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Ah, stupid me. I had:
        protected override void OnLaunched(LaunchActivatedEventArgs args)
        {
            DisplayRootView<MainPageViewModel>();
        }
Should have been:
        protected override void OnLaunched(LaunchActivatedEventArgs args)
        {
            DisplayRootView<MainPage>();
        }
Marked as answer by tibel on 10/21/2013 at 10:07 PM
Oct 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM
wow I gotta pay attention, should work fine once I get to the source I have. I obviously have been doing viewmodel first development too much :O
Oct 23, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 5:40 AM
yep config issue... but missing something with INav and ViewModel First...