WinRT 8.1 support ?

Topics: Bugs, Feature Requests
Nov 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to use caliburn micro for a WinRT 8.1 appplication. It seems that some of the features of caliburn are not working with some controls.
First, I was not able to use the Windows.UI.Interactivity to interact with the HUB header click. I think I've seen a issue fixed about that for Caliburn 2.0. My solution was to switch to "Behaviors SDK" and ICommand.

Another issue that I'm facing is the support of AppBarButton inside CommandBar. Using the usual "x:Name" to VM method binding is not working, so I have to fallback to ICommand implementation.

I just wanted to know if I was right (about this missing features) or if it was me doing something wrong ?

Thanks !
Nov 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM
For Win 8.1 you have to use the 2.0-alpha release that is based on the new "Behaviors SDK".
Marked as answer by YeFFreY on 11/14/2013 at 11:35 AM
Nov 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM
YeFFreY wrote:
Another issue that I'm facing is the support of AppBarButton inside CommandBar. Using the usual "x:Name" to VM method binding is not working, so I have to fallback to ICommand implementation.
The AppBarButton binding should work in 2.0-alpha as well. I
Nov 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I switched to 2.0-alpha and adding the following (usual) thing works !
<Hub Style="{StaticResource ActiviteHub}" caliburn:Message.Attach="[Event SectionHeaderClick] = [ShowDetails($eventArgs)]" >
</Hub>
And the usual x:Name <-> VM method binding works also for AppBarButton !
<Page.BottomAppBar>
        <CommandBar >
            <CommandBar.PrimaryCommands>
                  <AppBarButton Label="Add a skill" Icon="Add" x:Name="NewSkill" />
            </CommandBar.PrimaryCommands>
        </CommandBar>
</Page.BottomAppBar>
Thanks a lot for your work and your help !