OnViewReady Alpha 2

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I have a simple panorama, each "item" is a user control.
I want to be notified when an panorama item is active or shown. I thought that the "onviewReady" would do this for me, but I'm mistaken

when I activate the first item in the panorama then the onviewready is called. but when I goto the second or the 3rd item then it is not called.

BUT. when I click on something in the listbox of the first item then OnViewREady for the 2nd item is called! - very odd;

If I debug the code, I the "view" is always nothing.
Protected Overrides Async Sub OnViewReady(view As Object)
        MyBase.OnViewReady(view)
sub

could someone point me the direction of a sample with a panorama?
Dec 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM
are you binding to the Panorama in any way?
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Edited Dec 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM
it looks like I need to do some sort of databinding - even it is an empty binding, before the onViewReady is available. It seems to be the same behavior with a pivot too.

I can live with this, as I'm no developer and am just trying to make my app simpler for me to understand
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
only reason I asked is that the Panorama has bug with Changed Event... Since the bug is in the control and not CM it isn't something we can fix but there is a work around on stack overflow...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14260701/windows-phone-8-panorama-selectionchanged-databinding
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
hi thanks, I figured this out later this evening. thanks for posting the link. I've gone back to the pivot - my users wont care :-)