Custom Binding for MultiSelectComboBox

Topics: Extensibility
Jan 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM
VS 2010
WPF 4.0
CM 1.3.1

I am using the MultiSelectComboBox found at the link below. It's a ComboBox that includes a checkbox for each Item and allows multiple selections. Items Source and selected items are of type Dictionary(Of String, Object).

My attempt to set up custom binding in the bootstrapper looks like this:
            ConventionManager.AddElementConvention(Of LPCore.Controls.MultiSelectComboBox) _
                (LPCore.Controls.MultiSelectComboBox.SelectedItemsProperty, "Text", "ValueChanged").GetBindableProperty = Function(foundControl As DependencyObject)
                                                                                                                              Dim element = DirectCast(foundControl, MultiSelectComboBox)

Dim useViewModel = element.ContentTemplate Is Nothing

If useViewModel Then
                                                                                                                                  Return View.ModelProperty
                                                                                                                              End If

Return LPCore.Controls.MultiSelectComboBox.SelectedItemsProperty
                                                                                                                          End Function
I strongly suspect that my custom binding is wrong, but I need help to correct it. At run time I get "Cannot find view for... in the UI, instead of the control.

Thanks, CM is great!