Micro or full Caliburn...that is the question

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Looking over Caliburn Micro it appears to me that you can get more "bank for the buck" with Caliburn Micro is what you're saying. Is that true? Essentially what do you lose by "downsizing" to Caliburn Micro versus going "Full Fledged" Caliburn?

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2010 at 9:36 PM
In general, I recommend that you start with the Micro Framework. If it can't do what you need, and you still want to stick with it, you can either fork the code and change/add what you need; or you can move to the full version, assuming it has what you want. But, the Micro framework so much smaller and easier to customize. It's easier to understand. I really tend to think of Caliburn.Micro as a solid MVVM framework starter-kit, which you can easily get going with, but also should feel free to modify to your own needs. Caliburn, is a full fledged, extensible, modular framework. It's more complex and probably has a ton of stuff you won't ever need. If you want some more info on differences, I made a quick list here: http://caliburn.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218305 But, I recommend at least starting with Micro and seeing how it works out for you.