PropertyChangedBase and BindableCollection Suggestion

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Is there a reason not to add an exposed suppress notification flag to the PropertyChangedBase and BindableCollection classes?

If not, then I suggest it make it into the core. I don't think it would add much in terms of size, but it would dramatically reduce the amount of noise from eventing if these classes are used at the model layer (which I do).

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I'm not sure I understand entirely. Is this a bool property that would prevent raising the INPC event when set?

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Yes. It helps when modifying a large group of entries, usually just after save & load events. The problem is mainly with hierarchies. If I a node that contains a node, and the child node is dirty, then the parent is dirty. When I save both are changed, and two events are fired. In large data sets, thats a lot of noise, and it would be better to just refresh when all set. This is a slightly contrived example, but I hope it works. Not a critical issue, but a nice to have at best.

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I added a ticket to remind me to think about this and see if I can add it.

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I vote in favor of void BeginUpdate(), void EndUpdate(), IDisposable LockUpdate() variant...