Advice on getting started

Sep 10, 2010 at 4:54 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2010 at 6:40 AM

1) Looking for a couple of high level samples that will help me get started with Micro.

2) And is the object model close enough in Caliburn full version to look at samples built around that instead/also?

3) The particular app I'm trying to refactor to WPF has 2 primary windows  (each composed of many controls) that targets users with dual monitors.  Its a very specific use case for end users with a very specific job.  I am struggling with trying to figure out how to bootstrap and launch two parent viewmodels that will shutdown gracefully as one.  They also need to communicate to react to a common base model.  Any quick hints?

I'm trying to refactor an old fashioned MVC style 2.0 winforms app over to MVVM WPF app, as well as add some new components to it.  I've already got the overhead of learning 3.0/3.5/4.0, Linq, MEF, IoC, DI, etc, so I'm trying to find the best tools to allow me to build all the model framework while I'm stumbling around in WPF in the background (which so far seems to be the slowest going step in this process).  I'm a quick study, but its a lot to take on at once.  So, after digging, investigating and lurking on all the guru sites, I've concluded that Micro might help me get there.  The model is honestly the hard part of this application - tons of asynchronous operations, listeners, services and file operations.  I really liked Rob's demonstration of co-routines and IResult - those concepts will likely be the biggest obvious benefit I can get from Micro.  I generally don't like to latch on to a third party open source framework, but from everything I've perused, Micro has a touch of brilliance rarely seen.  Kudos to all your hard work and re-factoring to make this into a solid product.   Likely I'll be back here often, so thanks in advance for any advice.

Joel