RC1 Coming Soon

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Please take some time to look at the latest code and make sure that there are no important extensibility points missing. If you are aware of any outstanding bugs that have not been reported, please take some time to do so. I would like to package up a Release Candidate very soon and would not like to have any breaking changes after that point. I'd like the only thing between then and RTW to be bug fixes and hopefully very few of those.

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM

What about view caching? Would you like to add such feature as part of RC1, or it will be delayed to a later release anyway? I could be able to provide a sample in next few days.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Some time ago I made a suggestion about a minor change regarding the BooleanToVisibilityConverter. I got no answer, would be nice if you could consider that.

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM

@BladeWise

I don't want to mess with the ViewCache stuff in this version. I think it's too big of a change at this point. I'm also waiting to find out information about future WP7 versions and what its runtime and BCL will support with the hopes that we can have a more consistent API across all platforms.

@RAuer

Sorry for not responding on that! I decided not to implement that because the OOTB converter is being used for the WPF version and it doesn't behave that way. So it's in order to maintain compat between WPF and SL versions without adding unnecessary code to WPF. You can however change the default converter in the convention manager as well as change the converter conventions in order to get whatever behavior you want.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Thanks for the answer, it's plausible. My point of view is often too silverlighted. ;)

Anyway, as it can be changed easily, it's not a real issue.