NullReferenceException

Topics: Bootstrappers & IoC, Bugs
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2011 at 12:55 AM

at Caliburn.Micro.PhoneApplicationServiceAdapter..ctor(Frame rootFrame) at Caliburn.Micro.PhoneContainer.RegisterPhoneServices(Boolean treatViewAsLoaded) at PilotSystemPhone.Bootstrapper.Configure() in D:\Projects\Device\NET4\PilotSystemPhone\PilotSystemPhone\bootstrapper.cs:line 18 at Caliburn.Micro.Bootstrapper.StartDesignTime() at Caliburn.Micro.Bootstrapper..ctor(Boolean useApplication) at Caliburn.Micro.PhoneBootstrapper..ctor() at PilotSystemPhone.Bootstrapper..ctor()

Still seeing this when you load a view up to work on it in VS.NET 2010 SP1, it trys to process the designmode and well bootstrapper freaks on something in the RegisterPhoneServices.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2011 at 12:55 AM

I checked this with 1.2 as a restore from the laptop and the behavior doesn't exist.

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Can you create a ticket for this and attache a sample that demonstrates the problem? Thanks.

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM

http://caliburnmicro.codeplex.com/workitem/176

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM

note: this will compile correctly and will run, it is just the design time ability that is interfered with.  Maybe I am missing something but in hte my 1.2 project this doesn't happen.  Might have to do with the designtime stuff recently added to 1.3 drop.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2011 at 8:15 PM

ok I have gone deep on this one.... The error occurs on line 86 in IPhoneService.cs where

service = PhoneApplicationService.Current                         is null for some reason then
 service.Launching += delegate { isResurrecting = false;};     is the fail point due to null reference :(

not sure how you're going to protect against this.  Found this via attaching with second instance of vs.net