Infragistics Ribbon and Caliburn Micro

Topics: Actions & Coroutines, Getting Started
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I'm trying to use the Infragistic Ribbon in combination with Caliburn Micro in a WPF project, but I can't get ActionMessages from within the Ribbon to reach the ViewModel.

The following doesn't work, when the "Show Something" button is pressed, the ShowSomething method in the ViewModel isn't called

<igRibbon:RibbonTabItem Header="SomeHeader">
         <igRibbon:RibbonGroup Caption="SomeCaption" >
            <igRibbon:ButtonTool x:Name="ShowSomething" Content="Show Something"/>

The following does work when I put it outside of the Ribbon:

<Button x:Name="ShowSomething" Content="Show Something"/>
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and why the ActionMessage doesn't arrive at the VM when sent from the Infragistic Ribbon?

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM

The element inspection logic doesn't know how to locate significant controls inside of a XamlRibbon, so the conventions are not attached. You either have to teach the Binding Scope how to search through the ribbon, or just use Message.Attach instead of conventions. It's just one of the problems with Xaml...

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2011 at 7:19 PM

well infragistics has some problem to work with caliburn micro.
We are currently trying to migrate from caliburn tocaliburn micro.

See also my post in infragisstics forum to get support.

1. The attaching of actions in the  XamRibbon.ApplicationMenu is not working with out of the box caliburn. The buttontool actions work inside the ribbon tab but not in the XamRibbon.ApplicationMenu.
You see different kind of Approach  to get the action attached in below example. All out of the box with caliburn micro not working.We have started to create out own customization to set the datacontex correclty.
What is the right solution to fix this issue? 

2. Adding button to the QAT will trigger the event twice.
How to fix that? The button is cloned and the action is now triggered twice

3. The Key gesture support that was available in caliburn but not anymore available  in caliburn micro

I have prepared a small project so you can reproduce the above issues and also a way how to solve it . link 

@Rob, we have made a customization to overcome the current limitations in infragistics and caliburn micro.
Your feedback would be great. Please have a look into the  MethodTrigger.cs and the way how we call it in xaml.

Many thanks