Sample WP7 application

Topics: Getting Started
Jan 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Hi All,

Just a note to anyone looking. I have open sourced a full WP7 application that uses Caliburn.Micro. In Ireland Mobile Network Providers like Vodafone provide the ability to send a varying amount of free SMS's from their website if you are a customer of theirs. As SMS messages are quite expensive here (13c average) and we use them so much, the need for an application to take advantage of this is always in high demand. That is what this app does. It is on the Marketplace already for free but I thought it would help others get to grips with Caliburn.Micro if they could pick it apart.

I have taken the time to comment things like IOC and the bootstrapper, as well as guard clause usage. One other nice thing is that no VM depends on the other. I use the Isolated Storage as a repo so each VM simply requests its required data from the model. There are some other things like clearing down the navigation back stack as well so it should make for some nice reading...

Anyway, the source is available under the MIT License from here: and I can be reached on twitter here: @deanvmc

Enjoy :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I actually might have a need for SMS. Thanks! I'll check it out.

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Cool. Just to clarify the server it uses is third part (open source) and only does Irish Networks. However if you are looking to add antother service it shouldn't be too much hassle.=D

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Dean, I just wanted to say thank you again for this contribution. It really helps the community to have real samples like this.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

No hassle at all. It is the least I can do given ye guys contributions. I intend to do a lot more work with WP7 and WPF using Caliburn.Micro so with a bit of luck I will have more real world apps to show off. It suits me from a Junior Developer perspective to have my code on show, so everyone wins :)