Acceptance Testing and Caliburn.Micro

Topics: Feature Requests, UI Architecture
Apr 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hy Community

I'm a huge fan of developer acceptance tests and practice Acceptance Test Driven Development quite often. I want to drive my acceptance tests as close as possible to the core infrastructure. That means I only want to mock out system boundaries. Currently in Caliburn.Micro there are a lot of moving parts which are tightly coupled to concrete user interface types. I'm thinking about making especially the window manager more pluggable to that I can remove the hard window and control creation out of it. But this change only makes sense if it is also in the philosophy of the framework. What do you think would you accept such pull requests?

Daniel

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Probably not at this time, but potentially in the future. My main focus would be on the existing bugs and trying to see if this thing will port to WinRT.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM

But do you have any roadmap? Currently there are still some pull requests in the queue which should be looked at (including mine).

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I don't have a free second of time until after August, personally. I wish I did, but it's the situation I am in right now. I can take pull requests to fix the issues in the queue.