How do I active my base Conductor

Topics: Bootstrappers & IoC, Getting Started
Jul 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM

My Shell at the moment is not a Conductor, I just don't think it fits as it has a few static screens (Menu, navigation, infobar). But a area in my ShellView I would like to have a Conductor for it's children.

The problem is that the items therein never Activate because the Conductor itself isn't active, I have no parent conductor to activate it with.

Am I implementing this wrong?

If I would change the ShellViewModel to a Conductor and it would hold onto things like the infobar, navigationbar, menu, this would all be in a less derived collection. So when a change in the menu could affect the navigationbar I would have to locate it in the collection instead of a property of the Shell like I do now.

It feels kind of strange to look through a collection of Screen objects for this one item you know is there, single instance and all. That says property to me, not part of collection.

Also my Shell isn't build like and ItemsControl. So it having a screen collection would feel strange when the screens are put each into it's seperate place on the window dependent on it's type. 

Any opinion?