Silverlight Version?

Topics: Getting Started
Aug 13, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I have Silverlight 5 tools installed and wanted to look at the Caliburn Micro framework.  I download all the caliburn files and attempt to open one of the sample VS projects, and it keeps telling me I need to install the latest Silverlight Developer runtime before I can open a Silverlight Project (which doesn't make sense since I can create new Silverlight and Silverlight Mobile Phone projects no problem)  The message includes a link to download the runtime, and when I click it I ultimately get a message stating "A 64-bit version of Silverlight is already installed"

All of the silverlight pages tell me I am on the latest version.

What am I doing wrong?

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM

So I completely uninstalled all Silverlight and Silverlight SDKs on my machine, and have reinstalled Silverlight and the Silverlight 4 SDK and Silverlight 5 SDK.  This has resolved the originally posted error.

I pulled down the src files and attempted to build the Caliburn.Micro.sln project on my machine.  I receive numerous errors from various files concerning the System.Windows.Interactivity namespace.  I have verified that I have the Microsoft Expression Blend SDK for .NET 4 installed - and the dll that contains that namespace exists at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\.NETFramework\v4.0\Libraries\

Should I be able to download and build the caliburn code or do I need to manually add all the necessary references?

TIA

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I am having this exact problem on a 64 bit machine..

Has anyone figured out a solution. I am trying to use CM in my company, but I cannot even run the samples..

HELP!

:)

thanks

Brian

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I just went to run the samples and I was prompted to install Silverlight even though I have it and the developer tools installed. I uninstalled all silverlight apps, and reinstalled but it still isn't working. So I am in the same boat as BrianBraatz. I'll see what I can figure out.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Yeah. I never got it to work, even after installing Visual Studio 2012 - the project still doesnt open..

What I ended up doing is manually opening the code for the sample- making a new WPF project in VS 2010, and then basically porting the code over to VS 2010..

There isnt much code there- so its not that big a deal. I would suggest to the CM Contributors- that including that sample as a WPF app instead of a silverlight one, would be very helpful

:)

Brian