New Caliburn.Micro app in the Windows 8 App Store

Topics: Getting Started
Nov 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that our app was published to the store. It's called MetroPass:

The app is built on Caliburn.Micro, which we really enjoy using. MetroPass is a KeePass client for Windows 8/WinRT. If you've not heard of KeePass it's a pretty popular password manager application for Windows, which also has a bunch of clients for other platforms. Thanks to Caliburn there's now one for Windows 8 too. :-)

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Congratulations! However, is there any reason why it is only available in the US? I'd love to try it!

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Good question. :-)  I developed the app with a coworker and he handled the store submission. I'll ask him if we can make it available in other countries. We certainly don't have any languages other than English available at this point, but we can probably still make the app available. I'll update this post if and when we do that. Thanks!

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM

As soon as our next update gets certified and hits the store, it should be available in all markets. It's still English only, but should at least be available. Hopefully we'll be able to add a few other languages in the future.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Found it! I was waiting eagerly for a KeePass client for WinRT. The UI could take some polish, e.g. the color of the folder vs. the password entry clash a little bit. However, functionality is great. Thank you!

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Thanks! Glad to hear it's working for you. We're going to continue working on it and adding features. And yes, the UI definitely needs some polish. We're trying to bribe a designer friend of ours to help us out with that. :-)