Upgrading project to 2.0 alpha

Topics: Framework Services, Getting Started
Dec 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM
hi first CM is just great. I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to understand it and convert my badly written wp8 vb.net app to use the this framework. I will release my app.v2 in January, one of the issues I wanted fixing is the onViewREady for children. AS this is now fixed in CM.2 how should one proceed with upgrading an existing project 1.5.x
Dec 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM
We would really appreciate if more people test the 2.0 per-release to find the last outstanding issues.

If you don't use any 3rd-party caliburn.micro extensions, the upgrade should be straight forward using nuget.
There are only a few small code changes, but this should be easy after looking at the sample projects in our repo.
Dec 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM
ok upgraded to v.2; pretty straight forward, remove the old version first. Upgrade.
need to modify bootstrapper which is straight forward and add references to C.M.Platform in xaml

so far so good
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM

been using 2.0 alpha in 3 projects, haven't seen anyone glaring issues thus far. I am actually using it in 1 of each type atm... Windows 8.1 (will be a calculator for pilots with respect to FAR 117 flight/duty time limitations), Windows Phone 8 ( hotel information application for crews), and Windows Desktop ( my pilot log book, windows phone version as well)...

I am actually going to release even though its based on alpha code a windows phone 8 app shortly, I feel its pretty solid at the moment.
Dec 14, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Glad to hear it is working for you :-)

We named it ALPHA because the API is not stable yet but we want more people to test it.
There might be some breaking changes until the RTW release.